[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:55:29 EDT 2018

To my knowledge no one has done an exhibit about Novell / Netware
networking at least directly.  I envision a simple file sharing network
installed on some MS DOS 5-era machines, a simple email system, security
features, etc to illustrate the product.

As with VMS, Novell declined in usage when TCP/IP became dominant.  Not a
lot of people know that Novell helped commercialize SUSE Linux.

There is a good story here, someone with experience with Novell should take
it up.

Bill