[vcf-midatlantic] DSI Paper tape reader service manual/schematic needed

Jeff Galinat jgalinat at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:57:52 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM, corey cohen <coreyvcf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff,
>
>    What are the dip switch settings inside?  If may be setup wrong.   They
> are a very flexible reader and it may be waiting for terminal commands.
> The 2400 can have an external terminal setup to control it.
>
> *corey cohen*
>
> *uǝɥoɔ ʎǝɹoɔ*
>
> Hi Corey,
  I have the operations manual so yesterday I checked and the proper dip
switch is set for remote operation which means a DC1 command (Ctrl Q)
should turn it on when it is online and the remote operation indicator is
lit.  Even with a problem in that area, it should still be able to
duplicate a tape offline directly to the punch so I think I have an actual
bug.  I will have more time next week to reseat any socketed chips,
connectors, check all voltages, etc.  Thanks for the reply!
Regards,
Jeff