[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:56:27 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic <

> On 05/23/2018 02:29 PM, William Sudbrink via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>
>> Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>>
>> ArtSoft Lantastic here! Home soldered null modem cable.
>>>

>> My first was Lantastic too.  Running on ArcNet.
>>
>> Bill S.
>>

>> ---
>>

> I did AT&T network support and I mostly had AT&T Starlan (SMB/ISO)
> but I do recall playing with IBM NetBEUI and having to solder. I think
> it was arcnet based hardware.

Another network protocol I wanted to exhibit someday was IBM's Token Ring.
When I worked there in college I used to set up Token Ring networks for
sales demos, driving up and down the State of Delaware from Wilmington to
Salisbury.  I did more than just Token Ring, everything they were selling
in 1987 that could be fit into the back of a 1980 Toyota Tercel.  Display
Writers, PS/2's, Terminals, etc.  Sometimes larger systems would be at the
location waiting for me, like System 36's.