[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri May 25 15:51:33 EDT 2018

On 05/25/2018 03:46 PM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> A few S-100 companies supported ARCnet. Boards were available from
> Compupro and a few others companies. I've collected a few ARCnet devices
> and S-100 cards. But this stuff is outside my digital EE experience. And
> if I got one of these cards running, what would it talk to?

  As of a few years ago anyway, there was still ARCnet support in Linux.
 A friend of mine (one of the Digex guys) once ran an ARCnet subnet in
his house, using a Linux box to bridge Ethernet to ARCnet.

  But then you'd be at the point of implementing protocols.

  It can surely be done, given sufficient motivation.  And it would be
very, very cool.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ