[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun May 27 09:46:25 EDT 2018

On 05/26/2018 01:48 PM, Bill Degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> From a exhibit perspective I'd rather see an actual Novell or same era
> exhibit than an exhibit that attempts to connect an old protocol to the
> modern world, something that did not exist then.  Isn't as educational or
> on-topic to our group.  My intention was to teach/demo what was then as it
> was then.

Cool, that helps. But may I ask when was 'then'? I would think that
mostly you'll be working with IBM PCs. I looked up Netware and it
was released in 1983 and the Wikipedia notes that there was support
for PCs (DOS) and CP/M. I've not seen anything but DOS. I learned
Netware in 1992 and I had customers that still had Netware until
1998 (most still on 3.x and not 4.x).

Has anyone seen a CP/M machine with Netware?

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com