[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun May 27 10:18:28 EDT 2018

On 05/26/2018 11:15 AM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Time-out, please.
>
> I appreciate there are mega-minds out there, that talk TCP/IP and know protocols forwards
> and backwards. They can manipulate Linux like Play-Doh. That's not me, I'm an old person
> that knows 8-bit computers from original use. I have those skills and others, I have some
> training, I know what "skills" means. And so my situation, likely applies to a number of
> other people, who own other 8-bit or 16-bit computers, who post in or read this list. We
> aren't mega-minds, but we know some stuff; and we have some vintage stuff.

Guilty (except for the Mega Mind - though going from super villain to super hero might be
pretty cool. yes a movie reference ;-) ).

Also, you are a mega-mind, just not on this subject. Bill's email clarifies the networking
to Novel. I may have an NE2000 board and maybe a clone board he can use. I don't want to
take my 386SX and convert it's drive from Linux (1.2) to DOS or Windows so I don't have
a PC for him.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com