[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun May 27 10:36:12 EDT 2018

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic <

> On 05/26/2018 11:15 AM, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>
>> Time-out, please.
>>
>> I appreciate there are mega-minds out there, that talk TCP/IP and know
>> protocols forwards and backwards. They can manipulate Linux like Play-Doh.
>> That's not me, I'm an old person that knows 8-bit computers from original
>> use. I have those skills and others, I have some training, I know what
>> "skills" means. And so my situation, likely applies to a number of other
>> people, who own other 8-bit or 16-bit computers, who post in or read this
>> list. We aren't mega-minds, but we know some stuff; and we have some
>> vintage stuff.
>>

> Guilty (except for the Mega Mind - though going from super villain to
> super hero might be
> pretty cool. yes a movie reference ;-) ).
>
> Also, you are a mega-mind, just not on this subject. Bill's email
> clarifies the networking
> to Novel. I may have an NE2000 board and maybe a clone board he can use. I
> don't want to
> take my 386SX and convert it's drive from Linux (1.2) to DOS or Windows so
> I don't have
> a PC for him.

Oh, I don't want to make a Novell exhibit, I was suggesting someone who
supported Novell in it's heyday or wishes to learn it do the exhibit
because we need something new and we need to broaden the scope of the types
of exhibits we present.  1989 would be 30 years ago, I'd avoid something
too new because we are still generally-speaking an 80's and older-scope
event.

The exhibitor should try to create a Novell office environment.  An office
department that does CAD drawings and processing for example, wordpressing,
dbase III, custom C menu interfaces, etc.