[vcf-midatlantic] Idea for an Exhibit - Novell

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun May 27 11:23:58 EDT 2018

On 05/27/2018 10:36 AM, Bill Degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> Oh, I don't want to make a Novell exhibit, I was suggesting someone who
> supported Novell in it's heyday or wishes to learn it do the exhibit
> because we need something new and we need to broaden the scope of the types
> of exhibits we present.  1989 would be 30 years ago, I'd avoid something
> too new because we are still generally-speaking an 80's and older-scope
> event.
>
> The exhibitor should try to create a Novell office environment.  An office
> department that does CAD drawings and processing for example, wordpressing,
> dbase III, custom C menu interfaces, etc.

Sorry about that Bill.

My offer to borrow my NE2000 still stand to the gentleman who was planning the
network exhibit, if he wants it.

Now I'm going to shoot myself in the foot and say perhaps a counter exhibit of an
industrial communications network would be in order. I have a Circuit Cellar HCS II
(Home Control System) which is based on Steve Ciarcia's BCC180 (the industrial version).
It has a multi-drop network (R485, half-duplex) and is all 8-bit. I'll have to see
how hard this will be to resurrect a complete system. I have the compete information
on this system. :-)

Does anyone else have information of networking on the 8 bit computers?

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com