[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report Sunday

Tony Bogan thebogans at mac.com
Sun May 27 17:45:12 EDT 2018

The complete opposite of yesterday, the weather stunk with wind and rain all day. The museum was dead until around 2:30/3 when visitors started coming in. It was then a steady flow until about 4:30/4:45.

I ended up having 20ish visitors come through, in mostly groups of three today. Most were very interested and all were one or two adults with either one or two children with them.

Bill I. stopped by in the afternoon (good thing he did!) and ended up giving a couple tours as several of the trios that came into the museum were only a few minutes behind each other.

One couple related to their grandson how they used punch cards in college, one gentleman remembered the Univac from his Navy days.

It also worked out well that the first visitors showed up AFTER Roddy from next door and I finished our pizza lunch :-)

This will likely be my last time as docent until the late fall/early winter season sees my business slow down.

Looking forward to quieter times at work in a  4 or 5 months and some enjoyable time at the museum!

Enjoy the summer everyone, I'll see you  in November!!
Tony

Sent from my iPhone