[vcf-midatlantic] IBM compatible joystick needed

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Mon May 28 19:49:26 EDT 2018

>> If you can't source a sound card, I have a 2 port game card you can have.
> That's really the way to go, for a Compaq III.  Find any old IDE soundcard
> and the associated DOS drivers. The old IBM game adapter is for the IBM PC,
> no point in doing that when there is a much easier and cheaper option.
> Search Ebay or craigslist for things like
>
> Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 Bit ISA Sound Card

Just got off the phone with Jason P. -- he's got a NIB two-port game
card to donate -- I agree that it would be even better to have a combo
sound/game card. Next time I'm door there, I'll find out what if any
cards are already in the computer + what we might have in other systems
in the warehouse. Bottom line, now I have a project for the next
workshop :) and I'm feeling optimistic about getting the computer
configured exactly as we need it.