[vcf-midatlantic] Dial-Up at Home With a Line Simulator

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:10:05 EDT 2018

In case some people here aren't on the forums as well, here's:

forum writeup: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?63956
imgur picture album: https://imgur.com/a/EI0e7JH

I've had this Teltone TLS2 line simulator for a little while, I knew it
worked with regular phones but had never tried getting a modem connection
going through it. Yesterday I had some free time to get such a setup going.
It works fine! I used a Microcom AX/2400 bps external modem on a
SPARCstation 2 as the "ISP" end, and an internal ISA modem in an
XT-compatible as the client end. Aside from a slightly weird dialtone pitch
and ring cadence, and dialing 2-digit station numbers, it's just like a
regular phone line.

Thanks,
Jonathan