[vcf-midatlantic] Osborne for good home

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu May 31 14:17:43 EDT 2018

For donations it comes to ship or don't ship.

The donor finds out real quick that it will take at least an hour of time
to pack and drop off or arrange for pickup something bulky like an Osborne
portable, assuming one already has boxes and packing materials on hand.  No
box or not enough padding?  Boxes and packing materials cost money
especially if it's a onesy-twosy thing and the person needs to buy these
items at retail prices.  Suddenly the donor is losing money because they
can only declare the value of the item,  not the packing and shipping
expense nor labor.

To file for a tax deduction one must receive and then keep track of the
donation receipt, plus accumulate enough deductions as Glenn said to make
itemizing taxes worth it.

The donor says to himself - Why pack and ship potentially lose money?  A
tax donation is great but I may not get it, certainly not right away.
Might as well just sell on Ebay.

That's why most large donations are not shipped, even if the recipient pays
shipping, unless the recipient is willing to pay all the expenses.   Or
they're rich and don't care about money.

Bill

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Glenn Roberts via vcf-midatlantic <