[vcf-midatlantic] UNIX TOWN --- Prep

Jason Perkins perkins.jason at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 13:44:29 EDT 2019

Here's what we had:

guestbook is the main script. when someone adds an entry, it's written to
/usr/public/guestbook.list, and emailed to the other system.

crontab runs /usr/bin/mailparse.sh, which takes any emails send from the
other system and adds them to the end of the guestbook.

So both systems had a complete list, though the order of entries might
differ a bit.

The system names were vcflisa and vcfibm. The destination address was the
only difference between the 2 systems.

Thanks,

--
Jason Perkins