[vcf-midatlantic] Hard drive art

Brian Brubaker brianbrubaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:47:18 EDT 2019

I definitely buy drives from ebay, and sometimes the drives are
working. The two rarest drives/platters I've bought were a .85" drive,
aka the smallest drive with moving parts, and 4 27" platters from an
IBM 350. The majority of the drives I've bought are sold as scrap, the
small percentage of larger industrial drives most all came from
California. Most of these larger drives were listed for sale on e-mail
for 6+ months, occasionally lowering their prices to a point where I
could justify buying them. The other times I made offers and they
accepted. Most of the time I ended up spending more on shipping then
the drives themselves.

I started making my art out of a love of hard drives, I shared it here
with the thought of all people this group might be able to appreciate
what I'm trying to do. If I was wrong, I won't bother the group again.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:15 PM Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic