Re Repair Workshop and COMPAQ portable issues

Sentrytv sentrytv at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 14:02:57 EDT 2019

After you check the obvious brightness control you can look and see if you could get a look at the CRT neck and the socket, checking if the picture tube filament is actually lit.

If it is,

the next thing is to check to see if there is high-voltage, (using the proper tester of course) with probe and meter.
If it has high voltage you should have a raster or some sort of brightness.

I should be at the next workshop on Saturday ( if no hamfest is conflicting with that date)

We recently had a person at the last workshop who had a COMPAQ  portable and he too had a similar issue we had found that the power supply was not supplying the CRT board properly but with the correct voltages and he was looking up a schematic diagram.
specifically it was like a 30 or 15 Volt  supply issue
Could be bad capacitors on the power supply board, not sure.

Mike R.

Sent from: