[vcf-midatlantic] Repair Workshop

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Thu Aug 1 21:32:02 EDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 01:14:12PM -0400, Douglas Perry via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Now that I'm signed up for this months workshop I was hoping to get some
> tips on how to properly prepare (supplies needed, ect..)
> From my research I'm going to go ahead and assume the capacative pads for
> for the keyboard are bad and just order a new set.

    In case you haven't already found them, I highly recommend the keypad
replacements from Texelec:

https://texelec.com/product/foam-capacitive-pads-keytronic/

    She does a really nice job on them.  I replaced the pads in a Tandy 6000
keyboard with them.

    I've tried making my own foam pads, but had inconsistent results. One batch
worked fine in a TRS-80 Model 2 keyboard, but the next batch hardly worked at
all in the Tandy 6000.  At $24.95, the Texelec pads are hard to beat.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us