[vcf-midatlantic] At&t Dataphone - Modem or "Service"?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Tue Aug 6 17:24:38 EDT 2019

On 8/6/19 4:26 PM, Jeff G via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

Data-Phone (Dataphone) were a series of product that allowed devices
(often computers but I don't know it if was limited to computers) to communicate
across the telephone network. The earlier versions are not the familiar modems
we had in the BBS error but were  built for channelized T1, switched 56 and other
AT&T services. I don't recall any service with the name Dataphone but I didn't
do AT&T data services until the late 1980's/1990s. I recall seeing X25 switches
and various DSUs with Dataphone. In the 80's I also seeing Dataphone on some
Paradyne modems.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com