[vcf-midatlantic] Random thought: VCF East clones exhibit

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Wed Aug 7 06:49:07 EDT 2019

>> I had planned for something similar as a sub-exhibit for the 2021 IBM PC
40th anniversary exhibit, as they were significant to the development of
that segment.

Certainly an IBM PC anniversary exhibit should include clones.

But I'm thinking of a mother-of-all-clones exhibit, not tied to any
milestone, and focusing exclusively on the clones.

Other than Apple II, Mac, and the IBM PC: what other popular computers were
cloned?

Bill Deg. showed obscure TRS-80 clones last time.

One could argue the IMSAI was a clone of the Altair.

What else? (Sorry if I'm missing obvious ones: haven't been to sleep yet...)