[vcf-midatlantic] Random thought: VCF East clones exhibit

Dean Notarnicola dnotarnicola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 07:21:57 EDT 2019

It's an interesting question, especially if you exclude IBM, TRS-80/Tandy
and Apple, as their market share made the effort to produce a clone
worthwhile.
As such, It's hard to think of true clones outside of the examples already
given. S100 and MSX can be considered standards to be adhered to rather
than "clones".  There are examples of "work-alikes", such as the Tomy Tutor
(of the TI/99; not a true clone), and I'm sure there are more whose names
escape me right now.

Dean

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 6:57 AM Jeff Salzman via vcf-midatlantic <