[vcf-midatlantic] Random thought: VCF East clones exhibit

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Aug 7 12:00:10 EDT 2019

On 8/7/19 10:45 AM, William Sudbrink via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Evan Koblentz Wrote:
>
>> One could argue the IMSAI was a clone of the Altair.
>
> Which I usually do if you get within earshot of my exhibit. ;-)
>
>> What else? (Sorry if I'm missing obvious ones: haven't been to sleep yet...)
>
> Getting a bit "esoteric"... GIMIX was a clone of SWTPc.

I think this is more along the lines of S100 standards but that also
defines clones. The basic idea behind SS50/SS50 was anyone's boards
would work in anyones chassis. So the CPU boards were clones (some
had some really interesting features like the DAT).

Smoke Signal, Chieftan (?) not sure of others.

I have the pleasure of working with a Gimix Ghost and the SWTPC.
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com