[vcf-midatlantic] Update: Unix demo @ Bell Labs changed to ** Oct. 22 **

Evan Koblentz evan at vcfed.org
Tue Aug 13 20:37:15 EDT 2019

> I heard back from BL. They provided another update: now it's a two-day
> event (22/23) and we are invited to exhibit on the afternoon of the 22nd.
>
> I'm waiting to hear more about the electrical power situation.

The latest: they're scheduling the demo area from 2pm-5pm, but they are
looking for a way to change their schedule so the demo area can be more
like 1-6 ... this combined with a couple of hours set-up time for us
makes it an all-day commitment, which is what I expected anyhow.

They can install whatever power we need including a couple of 208 circuits.

Participation in this demo can NOT be a last-minute decision. So I'm
making a deadline: anyone who wants to demo there MUST sign up by
Friday, September 30. Demos must include some flavor of Unix and must be
hands-on, just like at VCF East.