[vcf-midatlantic] GW-DEC-1: A New DEC Prototyping Board

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:15:36 EDT 2019

Connector spacing is actually 0.125" (1/8 inch) :) We'd considered using
0.1" dual row headers for the edge connector breakout, it's still an option
but not one I think we're likely to go with.

The purpose of laying out a new prototype board was to get useful
pad-per-hole in production. If you want patterns, you can still buy various
DEC board shapes from Douglas Electronics, most/all of which have various
IC and power patterns on them. In addition to basically being a "style
choice," pad-per-hole is the only thing you can use for e.g. PLCC or PGA
packages. We figured it's better to make one truly universal board and get
the cost down by being able to do at least *some* quantity on the
production run, than having a bunch of different designs that all get ran
in small and expensive batches. Plus, there's the layout time.

Thanks,
Jonathan