[vcf-midatlantic] Pet with 9" screen

David Hoelzer dhoelzer at enclaveforensics.com
Mon Aug 19 12:21:58 EDT 2019

I've been slowly working my way through rebuilding the CRT board for a
9" 2001-32 PET.  As I've been working, I've been discovering that the
components on the board don't all match the specs in the documentation,
but that's ok...  Eventually I'll get together all of the pieces I'm
missing and reassemble everything.. I'm working right now to figure out
why the schematics call for a mylar capacitor but my board had a
differently rated electrolytic.

Anyway...  I'm seriously thinking about taking a 9" LCD panel with a
composite input and wiring up a composite converter circuit to the
internal video connector on the board.  I would dismount the CRT tube
and put the LCD in in its place.  Of course, I'll preserve the removed
parts for posterity... but does this offend your sense of vintage
stuff?  Personally, it seems practical to me since I'd like to do some
things with the PET...  and the CRT is a potential major source of
problems in addition to an energy hog/heat source.

THoughts?

--
----
David Hoelzer