[vcf-midatlantic] Pet with 9" screen

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 14:23:22 EDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 2:15 PM Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic

> Putting an lcd into a crt case has been done successfully for a few specific Apple monitors...

In the specific instance of a PET, I happen to like the crispness of
the original mono CRT (no shadow mask, no color bleed).  If I could
find 9" mono LCDs, that would be great but it's just not something
anyone bothers to make.  There used to be mono LCDs for laptops (and I
have some) but it would take a custom adapter to drive those from the
signals from a PET (video + H sync/V sync) or a composite conversion
of it.

-ethan