[vcf-midatlantic] [Off Topic] - Vintage computers and UPSes

John Heritage john.heritage at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 12:23:51 EDT 2019

Hey folks, just curious

For longevity of vintage computers that are hooked up and powered on
semi-frequently;  I assume any kind of UPS is better than none to try to
reduce power spikes, or reduce PSU fatigue from brownouts.

I was curious what folks recommendations or thoughts are here?  I have a
couple of old (~ 15+ year) UPSes that i'm debating replacing the batteries
on, and one of them would be for plugging in some vintage hardware.

Is there anything I should watch out for?  Should I assume these are too
old to effectively monitor/protect - or doesnt' that really matter?  etc.

Thanks!
John