[vcf-midatlantic] [Off Topic] - Vintage computers and UPSes

Sentrytv sentrytv at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 13:31:05 EDT 2019

Personally I just leave the devices unplugged from the AC power until I'm ready to use them.
Then I have no worries about power spikes or even lightning strikes.

But if you must leave them on constant power, then yes a UPS would be a very good idea.
But before plugging anything of value into the UPS, hook up a load to capacity of the UPS to see how long it lasts on battery and if the batteries are still good.
 Of course you could do a battery test from the UPS menu as well.

Mike R.

Sent from: