[vcf-midatlantic] [Off Topic] - Vintage computers and UPSes

Henry S. Courbis info at reactivemicro.com
Tue Aug 20 13:47:33 EDT 2019

Line Conditioner is great. Pricey, but good kit.

I plug PCs in to a UPS, UPS in to Line Conditioner, but the first soldier
in the line of defense is a Panamax P360. Surge Suppressor with active
monitoring. There's a relay between the input and outlets on the strip. It
self tests when turned on to help prevent silent failures like those Dave
mentioned. Any issues and the power won't engage to the outlets and the
LEDs do their best rave effects impression. I seem to lose about one a year
in my office. The power isn't the best. Sad to see the strips fail, but
they can be repaired. I wouldn't keep power strips in service very long
anyway. Rebuilding them is cheap for the protection and piece of mind.

$.02

Henry S. Courbis

Office Toll Free: (800) REACTIVE (732-2848)
Office/Mobile Direct: (856) 779-1900
www.ReActiveMicro.com <http://www.ReactiveMicro.com> - Sales, Support, and
News, Our Headquarters on the Internet
ReActiveMicro.com/wiki  - Support, Software, Manuals, and History. Create
your own page today!
Facebook.com/reactivemicrousa - Our Social Media Outlet and Support

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM Dean Notarnicola via vcf-midatlantic <