[vcf-midatlantic] Compaq Portable 1

Douglas Perry djay.perry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 17:52:14 EDT 2019

Thanks Even,

Getting it up and running again/being able to show my son the machine
that got me interested in coding would be amazing.

Even if I can't get it working I'm just as excited to meet up with
some people who share my interest and get to see some computers I've
never had the pleasure to see before.

Doug P
*Evan Koblentz* evan at vcfed.org
<vcf-midatlantic%40lists.vcfed.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Bvcf-midatlantic%5D%20Compaq%20Portable%201%20%28response%29&In-Reply-To=%3CCADAdoY4nCtQCjTU-gNxTX5Vp5pxc7gKBDbjCWeQ-7h8oK8uubw%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
*Fri Aug 23 13:21:22 EDT 2019*

>>* I don't think I'm capable of tracing it down via comparison.
*
Yes but helping/teaching each other is what our workshops are all about.
You might still go home with a working computer.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019, 12:57 PM Douglas Perry via vcf-midatlantic
<vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org

>* David G thank you for your offer.
*>>* I don't think it will be necessary for you to bring the your Compaq.
*>* Considering my current level I if the issue doesn't jump out as obvious
*>* (exploded cap) I don't think I'm capable of tracing it down via comparison.
*>>* I do look forward to meeting you though and maybe bending your ear for
*>* ideas depending on what happens when I get it opened up.
*>>* Thanks again,
*>* Doug P.
*>>>* Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:56:53 -0400
*>* From: David Gesswein <djg at pdp8online.com
*>* To: vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org
*>* Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] Compaq portable 1
*>>*    It was discussed on the list earlier that Doug P was bringing a Compaq
*>* portable 1 to work on and I and someone else had offered to bring a working
*>* machine for comparison. (Mine is a plus). Probable don't need two so
*>* checking if that was still desired and if I should bring mine or someone
*>* else
*>* was bringing a working one. Mine still has covers off.
*>>>>* End of vcf-midatlantic Digest, Vol 15, Issue 23
*>