[vcf-midatlantic] August Repair Day - Sat Report from Member

dillera at gmail.com dillera at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 21:47:43 EDT 2019

Ok, the Saturday Repair Day was a blast. Here are some photos and notes from the show.

A lot of people showed up, a lot of projects got done and we had a wonderful evening barbecue outside as well. If anyone took a photo of that, please pass it along, I was too busy eating and drinking to take any photos. We had a couple of new members show up and it was a nice time getting to know them during the day as well as over food. Some equipment was given away and some new donations to the Museum also.

Photos I took are here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/X2o83iM <https://imgur.com/gallery/X2o83iM>

Items to consider-

1. Serial box. JasonP's amazing serial box (Smart Cable SC821 Plus) let me connect the MicroVax to a VT term- without it i wouldn't have had the proper cabling to do it.
This is a buy from me. https://www.smart-cable.com/catalog?action=display&key=102 <https://www.smart-cable.com/catalog?action=display&key=102>
I've found it on ebay for $10-50 (just got one on ebay w/ cables for $40).

2. Pencil Soldering iron - this looked amazing and i didn't take a photo so if AlexJ can comment on what that model was I want to get one. It looked very handy for some jobs.

3. MFM Emulater - DaveG was kind enough to help me image a drive and showed me his amazing MFM drive emulator. I now have one in my Vax...

Please reply back if you are interested in an October and November Repair day so we can ensure we have one!

-andy