[vcf-midatlantic] TexElec pads

Douglas Perry djay.perry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:17:05 EDT 2019

At this point I need to do some more work/research on the hard drive.

I ran fdisk yesterday and just let it go. After about 45 minutes the drive
began making a quiet rhythmic clicking sound. Not the typical chonking or
frantic grinding noise I'm used to hearing from bad IDE drives. It is
almost like when the needle hits the end of a record.

I attempted to rerun the debug command but as soon as I type in the drive
code the clicking returns.

I was hoping that ndd would give me something but when I scan the drive it
just looped Cylinders (0,1,2,3)  and Sectors (1,2) repeatedly. It couldnt
seem to progress.

Doing some research it looks like debug has the ability to manually set the
position that is being read. I've found some post mentioning assembly code
but I'd like to find more documentation on debug before I'm willing to try
that.

If all else fails I'm looking into removing the drive and adding a XT-CF
Lite.

Doug P