[vcf-midatlantic] Cool yet sad rescue coming up this fall

Andrew Diller dillera at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:05:14 EDT 2019

Those are def very cool cabinets to have for the Museum. However they probally held the more recent Itanium SGI systems, not the classic MIPS based systems from the '90s. The Altix badge on the top hints at what they did. They were used for large computing clusters- which was probally why HP High Performance Computing now owns the rights to most of that tech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altix

I'm interested to go see what Princeton has, and help VFC (I'm close in Philly) so let me know the details as they come up.

-andy