[vcf-midatlantic] Festivus Bad movies

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Thu Dec 5 11:24:34 EST 2019

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM Ethan O'Toole <telmnstr at 757.org> wrote:

> > Of course. I have my laptop setup in the cafeteria. We could setup
> another
> > laptop in there as well. My idea was to have access to YouTube, Disney+,
> > Netflix, CBS All Access, Prime Video. I had not planned on doing a
> > projector because we tried that last year without much success. Too much
> > trouble (hours of preparation and hooking up) to get a projector, screen,
> > speakers etc. for only 5 people to show up. The point is to make it
> simple
> > and casual.
>
> Hmm I could bring a laser projector and DAC? RGB vector output. The
> software that drives it should have some holiday content in the collection
> of shows I have. I can't leave it unattended though.

Ethan,

Thanks for the offer, but I think it best to keep it simple. This is a
party, people are excited to see and talk with each other as they don’t see
each more than once or twice per year. Most people don’t want to sit and
watch a whole movie.

I’m just going to run some videos and movies with low volume as background
noise and those few that want more can go to the comfy lounge and watch on
the TV.