[vcf-midatlantic] Reforming capacitors

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Sat Dec 7 00:11:34 EST 2019

    Before I reform the large electrolytics in my Sol 20, I'd like to poll the
collective as to the recommended procedure. I have a constant voltage/constant
current DC supply, so I can set voltage and current limits. For those of you
who have done this, what's your procedure?

    For a constant voltage/constant current supply, do you need a resistor in
series with the cap? If so, typical value?

    What's the recommended max current during the reforming process? I've seen
recommendations of 50ma and 100ma.

    What percentage of the working voltage do you initially take it to? How
much do you raise it after the current drops? How long do you let it sit at
each stage?

    I'm interested in hearing from folks who have actually done this, with a
constant voltage/constant current supply. Thanks for your input!

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us