[vcf-midatlantic] Reforming capacitors

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sat Dec 7 08:10:40 EST 2019

I used 5mA without resistor. My supply current limiting wasn't too stable
that low so I readjusted periodically. I think 5mA was the worst case
number I saw. Most references used higher current. Lower current will just
make it take longer.

I reformed to the rated voltage. I let it go till the current stopped
decreasing.

Info starting with this slide
http://www.pdp8online.com/shows/vcfe15/slides/img9.html

And a little more on mine where I did reject a couple when leakage didn't
drop sufficiently.
http://www.pdp8online.com/straight8/ps_restore.shtml