[vcf-midatlantic] Post Festivus notes and questions

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sun Dec 8 23:54:08 EST 2019

When mentioning the nice new Processor poster on Saturday I'd like to note that a
visitor said it was pretty but was so small it was impossible to read. While he
was older than I am I have to agree that I'd need really good glasses to see the
processors. 2 suggestions, if we can we may want to see if we can get brighter
lighting on posters and perhaps some way of magnifying the poster. BTW, the
poster is very cool.

Someone said they had a CoCo 1 case, please contact me at ncherry at linuxha.com. I
am interested.

On the boards I had with me at Festivus, the Motorola Boards do not have DAT
(Digital Address translation) but it may be possible to add them with a bit of
digital trickery. I'm researching this now.

Dean did you have the information on the connectors for the EXORbus? I did a
a search of ebay and found 2 devices but not the connectors.

David Weins (of Sardis Technology fame) shared some documentation on the
Motorola Modules. I now have most of the memory map for one of the boards
I had there. He's also shared information on a CMS MPU board (not at Festivus)
and his Sardis ST2900s (also not as Festivus).

On the subject of conservation do we have a guide? I think that last word was
this was being worked on. I've got the normal questions on copyright and how
we copy some things like documentation in book form (assuming we have permission).
I have lots of loose pages I can convert to PDF from my multi-function printer.
But I don't want to shred a manual in book form. I've also data manuals from the
1980s that are several inches thick. It would be nice to know how to resize the
pages to pf. And Herb and I discussed briefly copying from a book with a special
device made for books that takes photos with a camera.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com