[vcf-midatlantic] How to best store vintage ICs

John Heritage john.heritage at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:47:22 EST 2019

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some advice.  I have a number of old CPUs -- 8088s, a few
286's, some 486s and early Pentiums sitting in a box stuck in some packing
foam from years ago.

I'd like to store these a little better as some now have bent pins and
they're a little haphazardly in the box.  I kept most of these because
these (at least pre-Pentium) CPUs were keepsakes from my BBS that didn't go
to Microsoft and Novell when they raided my BBS :).

What's a better way to store these?  I assume just get some anti static
foam of some kind from Amazon or another source (Mouser?).  I see some
plastic boxes with anti static foam in them that seem like a decent idea
for keeping them protected..

Thanks..
John