[vcf-midatlantic] I'm resigning

Glenn Roberts glenn.f.roberts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 08:07:00 EST 2019

The governance structure of the VCF 501c3 is on the web:

http://vcfed.org/wp/about/governance/

I agree it would be great to see more transparency from the board on
governance topics for the group - vision, priorities, budgets, investments
and other decisions.

Before retiring I served for almost 20 years as a research director for a
large non-profit (also a 501c3) research and engineering company in Northern
VA. I can say from that experience that communication, transparency and
input from constituents are critical elements of organizational governance.
I also served in a voluntary capacity for a number of organizations (FIRST
Lego League, Boy Scouts of America, and our local Homeowners Association)
and I found those volunteer efforts to be much more stressful, so I fully
sympathize with what I imagine Evan may be going through.

Though, by chance, Evan and I still haven't had an opportunity to meet in
person, from what I know from these postings and observing a few of the VCF
events he has been consistently a strong leader and a passionate proponent
of our cause.  I certainly hope that the Board fulfills its duties and works
to resolve any personal differences within its ranks.

We all share a passion for the preservation of computing history.  I truly
believe that, but for the efforts of groups like VCF, much of this critical
history would be lost forever.  Our mission is too important to be
jeopardized by personal disagreements.

*	Glenn