[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2019-12-21 December 21, 2019

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sat Dec 21 16:55:57 EST 2019

Got to the museum at 12:30pm. I was a little late because I had to teach
Taekwondo today and there were no other docents available. A visitor came
about a minute later with high interest, so I gave him an extended tour.

The day was filled with a steady stream of visitors due to the Model Train
Holiday show at InfoAge. Most were casual visitors with children who were
mostly interested in games, etc.

Mouse came to help Martin to string network wire in the 9010-A section
(where the museum is). They worked for about 5 hours to wire the 9010-B and
9010-A sections. Thanks Mouse and Martin!

The physical wiring is done with some networking hardware and software
configuration needing to be done next.

VCF will soon have hard wire access to the internet and not have to rely on
Mobile Citizen for internet access.

I also tried out new bottoms for the stools in the museum. We have caster
wheels which we felt were dangerous to child visitors because they could
easily fall when the stools moved suddenly. The new casters are flat
instead of wheels. We are trying it with one stool to see how it goes.