[vcf-midatlantic] Dirty Laundry

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Dec 21 20:47:59 EST 2019

On 12/21/19 8:27 PM, thedestructionchannel2000 via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I'm honestly kind of speechless. I've NEVER seen conflict like this in any of the events I've been to.
  I have.  In startup companies that have grown out of startup mode.

  The right person to start a company is almost never the right person
to run it once it's off the ground.  In nearly every young company, the
founder(s) and the very early employees leave under awful circumstances.
 Sometimes rich, sometimes not, but the point is, they leave.  Money
arrives, suits come in (having smelled the money), and all of a sudden
you have a ton of rules, a dress code, and an overly uptight Human
Resources person keeping you from getting anything done.  Morale and
productivity both go down the tubes, people feel alienated and hurt, and
everyone wonders what the hell happened to their company.

  What's happening here is essentially the same thing.  Though in this
case there's very little suitliness or suit stupidity, the feelings that
"the originals" experience are the same.  It's a cross between "he stole
my baby" and "my child has turned on me", and there's really nothing
else in life that compares to it.

  I'm intimately familiar with what Evan is feeling right now; I've
experienced it three times.  To say that it's awful would be a
substantial understatement.  This is not likely to end well.  All we can
do is try to heal and wish the best for those who are experiencing a lot
more pain about this situation than the rest of us.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA