[vcf-midatlantic] School Preparation for Visiting a Computer Museum

Jason Howe jason at smbfc.net
Mon Dec 23 17:33:50 EST 2019

On 12/23/19 2:05 PM, Mike Loewen via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2019, rar via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>
>> Looking for suggestions of Movies/YouTubes/Articles/Books to prepare
>> high school students for a visit to our computer museum(s)
>>
>> I'll start with a few of my favorites, and looking for more suggestions
>> 1)  Hidden Figures (book and movie)
>> 2)  Steve Jobs (book and movie)
>> 3) Triumph of the Nerds
>> N)  War Games
>
>    "Hackers", by Steven Levy

"Sneakers" -- A great movie really about the hacking spirit.

"Soul of a New Machine" -- Follows the developement of DG machines, but
it really a very human story about engineering and triumph.  Holds up
well, good read.

"The Hacker Crackdown":   https://www.mit.edu/hacker/hacker.html

Bell Labs Homdel Computing Center Training:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMYiktO0D64
^ This one is great for people who do any kind of development work as it
kind of follows a program being developed through the computing center.