[vcf-midatlantic] Old AT power supplies - how to test?

Sentrytv sentrytv at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 28 11:40:09 EST 2019

I would suggest doing a visual inspection of the capacitors in the power supply and on the motherboard first.

If you have a good capacitor tester that will check for ESR,
that's what I use just to make sure the caps are good.

If they look questionable replace them.

I normally load Each separate supply down with a 10 ohm 10 Watt resistor and run the supply.
If you have a 20 W resistors it could be better, a little less heat, but still would load the power supply for testing.

Mike R.

Sent from: