[vcf-midatlantic] several things

Mark Whittington markwhi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 06:36:57 EST 2019

Regarding DVD-R, it's my understanding that most (if not all) optical
formats are susceptible to physical degradation.  My current archival plan
involves using external HDD's.  Given that you can buy a 5TB USB 3.0
external drive for ~$140 and it will hold approximately 1000 4.7GB DVD-R's
worth of data, it's economical as well as more reliable for long-term
static storage.

Mark

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 6:16 AM Jeffrey Jonas via vcf-midatlantic <