[vcf-midatlantic] several things

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 15:21:54 EST 2019

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 1:52 PM Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic
>   I've noticed a decrease in M-DISC availability lately.  Do you have
> any idea of what's going on with that?  I have some discs and a drive,
> and I've made archival backups of some irreplaceable stuff on those, but
> am nearly out of blanks and went looking recently...I don't see as many
> out there as I did a couple of years ago.

According to Wikipedia:

Millenniata, Inc. officially went bankrupt in December 2016. Under the
direction of CEO Paul Brockbank, Millenniata had issued convertible
debt. When the obligation for conversion was not satisfied, the
company defaulted on the debt payment and the debt holders took
possession of all of the company's assets. The debt holders
subsequently started a new company, Yours.co, to sell M-DISCs and
related services.