[vcf-midatlantic] one less $JOB (JCL joke)

Chris Fala chrisjpf33 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:47:56 EST 2019

Sorry for your loss, Jeff. I remember you talking about your dad. He sounds like a great guy to have known.

On Feb 1, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Jeffrey Jonas via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:

My dad's funeral is on Sunday Feb 3, in Boca Raton Florida.

I brought ipods to record conversations with him
about all the hacks, insights and details of the vintage hardware
and systems he used, but the stage 4 lung cancer and chemo
stole his voice only a week after I arrived :-(
At 90, dad could not tolerate the chemo required
to fight the lung cancer.
James T Kirk might not believe in the "no win scenario"
but I could not cheat like he did with the Kobayashi Maru :-(

Carl Claunch summarized it best:
He was a great person,
someone I was fortunate to have known and worked with.
A master of the mainframe who just quietly did his job.