[vcf-midatlantic] Workshop Wrap-up - 2/9/19 & 2/10/19

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Feb 11 19:31:54 EST 2019

I counted about 15 to 20 people at the workshop this past weekend at the
VCF repair workshop.
A very successful workshop.
We tried a new diner for the Sunday breakfast: The Americana Diner in
Shrewsbury. Even though it is 20 minutes from the museum, everyone loved it
and felt it was worth the trip.
Next time we will try Mariner's Cove in Brielle. Tony Bogan recommended
this one.
For the Saturday dinner, we weren't able to go Asbury Biergarten and
Festhalle because of reservation restrictions, so I will try again next
time now that I know the restrictions. The backup place will be Main Street
Grill.
We went to Brick House Tap and Tavern in Neptune City instead.

Ian won the first to smoke award for a blown capacitor in a monitor.

I was very happy that I found the time to work on repairing my C64. Over
the years, I have had little time to work on them because of running the
workshop, grad school etc. It was nice to be able to finally work on them
for a decent amount of time. Thanks to Doug and Chris for helping me
diagnose the first one and great thanks to Jeff Salzman for
troubleshooting, soldering and desoldering two other boards. He spent a lot
of time with me to get two of them working. I tagged all of them as to
their condition and will continue working on them next workshop. I have
made a list of things that need like thermal paste, heat sinks, ram chips,
PLA chips.

Everyone else please share what you worked on and did at the workshop and a
link to any photos that you took.

The next workshop is: March 30 & 31.