[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Early Kodak Photographic Copying Device?

Glenn Roberts glenn.f.roberts at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:02:10 EST 2019

Yes. It's for making contact prints.  Negatives were considerably larger on older cameras and the easiest way to make a print was to put print paper behind a negative and expose it to light.  I did this myself when I was a teenager, using the old "120" film.  The resulting prints were pretty small (2-1/2" square or so) but it was exciting at the time and I couldn't afford an enlarger.  I think older cameras had even larger negative sizes - google says the old "616" and "116" formats had negative sizes 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" - reasonably big for making contact prints!

https://nostalgicmedia.com/pages/old-film-and-camera-formats

- Glenn