[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Early Kodak Photographic Copying Device?

Glenn Roberts glenn.f.roberts at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:02:10 EST 2019

Yes. It's for making contact prints.  Negatives were considerably larger on older cameras and the easiest way to make a print was to put print paper behind a negative and expose it to light.  I did this myself when I was a teenager, using the old "120" film.  The resulting prints were pretty small (2-1/2" square or so) but it was exciting at the time and I couldn't afford an enlarger.  I think older cameras had even larger negative sizes - google says the old "616" and "116" formats had negative sizes 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" - reasonably big for making contact prints!


- Glenn

> -----Original Message-----
> From: vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic-bounces at lists.vcfed.org> On Behalf
> Of J. Alexander Jacocks via vcf-midatlantic
> Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 12:22 PM
> To: vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org>
> Cc: J. Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks at gmail.com>
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Early Kodak Photographic Copying Device?
> All,
> Do any of y’all have any idea what this is?
> https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co
> m%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303064978664
> It looks like a direct contact plate exposer, to me, but I’m not sure. Very
> pretty.
> - Alex

More information about the vcf-midatlantic mailing list