[vcf-midatlantic] Last call for Group Unix Exhibit

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Thu Feb 21 14:32:02 EST 2019

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 12:29 PM Brian L. Stuart via vcf-midatlantic
> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:
>> I haven't really decided for sure about what I want to
>> exhibit this year.  One option I've been considering is
>> to set up one of Oscar's PiDP-11 model PDP-11/70s
>> running 6ed UNIX to show some about early UNIX.
>> Would there be interest in such an exhibit and would
>> it be welcome in the group UNIX Exhibi

I would say yes.  If real PDP-11 hardware can reasonably come together
in time, I think everyone would love to have that, but if not, it'd
still be great to see those early almost-50-year-old roots.

On 2019-02-21 13:22, Ethan Dicks via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> So, yes, I think it would be great to have early UNIX but I'm in it
> for the hardware.

And absent the hardware I'd say, let's see the early UNIX on whatever we
can.  Print a poster showing the real hardware with a banana for scale
and people will understand why the PiDP-11 is there instead. ;)

--
Jameel Akari