[vcf-midatlantic] Last call for Group Unix Exhibit

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Thu Feb 21 16:03:32 EST 2019

> Having said that, I could pull out a 3b1, but I'm pretty sure
> someone else is already doing that, and the early research
> UNIX is a lot more interesting to me than the commercial.

It was one of the machines I offered to bring but I've brought
it before. Since I will also have a PDP-8 exhibit this year so if anybody
else wants to bring something I have offered they can bring it instead.

> The truth is the part that I would find most interesting is
> a deep dive into Lions' commentary on the 6th ed kernel,
> but I don't know how to make an exhibit of that where
> it wouldn't just be a poster session.

But could go along with the emulation where you go over the implementation
choices and how it differs from later Unix's and people can
see the differences. Its hard to be both educational and a crowd pleaser.
I sort of alternate those types of exhibits.