[vcf-midatlantic] free: "vintage" Sony Vaio laptop

William Dudley wfdudley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:28:14 EST 2019

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-818.  It's from about 1998, and has the following
spec:

Pentium II 300MHz
13.3" 1024x768 LCD
192MB RAM (the maximum that it will take)
500MB hard disk (a replacement for the original 6GB drive).
2 PCMCIA slots, one USB port, and modem but no other networking.
serial, parallel, and VGA ports
DVD-ROM drive.  This isn't the original drive; I may have the original drive
in my stash.
comes with (dead) battery, 19V brick power supply.  If you want/need, I can
throw in a PCMCIA Ethernet interface.

The computer currently boots into a version of "DSL", Damn Small Linux.
Unfortunately, it's such old software that the web browser can't view most
web sites, as it doesn't support https.

I'm offering this as-is in case anyone collects old x86 machines or old
laptops.
The computer is in Jackson, NJ.  I can ship or I can bring it to VCF East.

Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.