[vcf-midatlantic] 1990s Unix Workstation Sub-Group

Christian Liendo cliendo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:19:42 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 10:03 AM <dillera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you have the Indigo display? 1990s SGI is absolutely vintage now :)

No, at VCF East 8.0 in 2012 we had a Indy, Octane, Indigo2 and an O2
networked playing BZFlag and Dogfight

This is a video of VCF and our setup at 56 seconds in.

https://youtu.be/boCSTajHutc?t=56

> There should be a nice display this year, I'm bringing my Personal Iris
for one, prob a onyx plus others.

That would be pretty cool. Brian has a personal Iris, but we turned it on
recently and blew up a capacitor.

> Do you have a 3000UX? I used to have one but now I have to use an
Emulator to experience it.

No, while I would like one, I am running out of room.

I worked for an Amiga store called Amagination in the 90s and we had one.

I remember when it came out and we demoed it at Columbia University.

I was a huge Commodore/Amiga guy around that time.

> I have a plan to build it on the emulator then dd the image onto a SD
card and then use the SCS2SD in my Amiga 3000 (not UX) to try and boot the
real thing again.

Thats cool. I mean there really wasn't much you could do with it that I
remember. But it was my first real intro to Unix.